"Join Us as a PV Monitoring Technician in the Exciting Field of Solar Energy"
Are you ready to be at the forefront of the renewable energy movement? Join our dynamic monitoring team at Obton and become a vital part of the solar revolution!
As a Monitoring Technician, you'll play a key role in ensuring the efficiency and security of our cutting-edge PV systems. If you have a passion for sustainability, a knack for troubleshooting, and the desire to make a positive impact on the future of energy, this is your chance to shine. Let's harness the power of the sun together!
If you have a passion for renewable energy and possess the technical skills required for monitoring and troubleshooting, we encourage you to apply.
Provide and support a full Control room operation in 18 hour response environment, utilising and operating all the systems within the control room, ensuring through an effective collaboration with the Plant Managers that all maintenance tickets are managed and interventions are sucessfully performed and that all assets are operating to their optimum. Office based role.
Monitor PV plants’ components and related performance:
- Permanent monitoring of the real time PV Plants performances through dedicated dashboards and evaluate performance/kpi deviations
- Permanent monitoring of the status/alerts/errors generated by the onsite components
- Permanent monitoring of the automatic alarms generated by monitoring/scada and other systems
- Carry out troubleshooting remotely and decide on further measures like creating tickets and assigning work orders to stakeholders
- Follow up with maintenance provider’s local on site technicians (escalating to Plant managers if needed) the incident resolution with related proofs and work order/ticket update.
- Setup and optimization of alarms:
- Debug and reconfiguration of formulas and criteria when false alarms are generated by the system
- Identification of issues where the system didn’t generate an alarm; debug and reconfigure the alarm generation formulas and criteria
- Responsible for controlling and switching orders, evaluating operating data and the associated reports
- Ensure proper documentation of events/tickets/work orders
- Through PDCA cycle, identify, promote and implement improvements of the monitoring systems, dashboards, tools, processes and procedures
Monitor site security equipment:
- Checking Security Systems alarms and monitoring CCTV
- Initiate action plan in case of intrusion
- Report unusual activities/alarm activation to responsible persons
- Detailed reporting of all incidents
- Remote control and troubleshooting of the security system and the infrastructure
- Frequent quality checks of the entire alarm chain
Data review, analysis, administration and quality check:
- Check data in terms of completeness, filling gaps, correcting calculations in collaboration with Plant Managers and Data Eng.
- Recognize trends of PV plants’ performances and collaborate with Plant Managers to identify a technical solution
- Check for completeness and quality of static data and info and perform correction if errors/mistake are found in collaboration with Plant Managers, Commercial AM & A&OM
- Recommended electrical engineering education and/or several years of experience in technical operation in the PV branch.
- Confident in business discussions/negotiations.
- Recommended experience in working in a project matrix organization.
- Technical degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
- Previous experience in monitoring and troubleshooting PV systems.
- Familiarity with SCADA systems and remote monitoring tools.
- Knowledge of security systems, including CCTV.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and make responsible decisions.
Your personality is important, and we are looking for a person with drive and commitment and who is able to act fast and do it with a smile.
You'll be part of a new team of 6 colleagues in our office in Milan (together with 25 great Obton colleagues from various departments) - with the possibility to work shift based.
You can expect an exciting job in a dynamic organization with focus on the well-being of the employees. Our values are Dedication – Joy – Empowerment – Competitive spirit – Proper Work Ethics
Besides, you can expect:
- Professional and personal development
- Flexible work hours
- Good colleagues and sparring
- Organized onboarding
- Employer paid health care
If you are ready to contribute to the success of our PV Solar Company and play a key role in monitoring and securing our renewable energy systems, please submit your resume and cover letter as soon as possible, as we review and invite candidates for interviews on an ongoing basis.
Read more about Obton at our career site jobs.obton.com.
For further information on the position, please reach out to Head of Plant Management, Arturo Grauso, email@example.com or Nikolaj Dalsgaard, Director, Head of People & Culture, firstname.lastname@example.org.