Let's impact future generations through solar energy, together.
Are you passionate about asset management and photovoltaics? Do you have the courage to challenge yourself and your career in one of Europe's 10 largest investors in solar energy, striving to make an impact on the Asian PV-market? Then apply for the open position as Obton's new Asset Manager.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day operating activities of the solar farms. The key focus of this role is to secure that the business case(s) is continuously updated (revenue and cost assumption including Asset(s) budgets, etc) and to manage the relationship with local counterparties while ensuring that the solar farm operation adheres to local restrictions, policies and procedures.
- Maximize the economic value of the asset(s) (NPV and PVI)
- Revenue side optimisation
- Cost side optimization, including negotiating of commercial agreements with suppliers/contractors
- Setup/Optimize the special purpose vehicle (SPV) structure (eg for tax and risk mitigation)
- Corrective actions throughout the duration of the Asset lifetime
- Minimize the risk of the asset together with ensure smooth Integration from M&A
- Maximize cross Asset portfolio synergies / overall Obton´s goals
- Through initiatives continuously seek to identify and realise additional Asset/Obton value
- Define Asset(s) requirements and manage interfaces for each of the line supporting functions and stakeholders
- Organize the asset(s) and approve assignment of resources
- Establish, negotiate and secure clear contracts/agreements for the Asset(s)
- Secure communication between different levels and functions internally in the organisation
- Involve key stakeholders in a structured and timely manner
- Prepare progress/performance reports and decision proposal to Asset(s) Fund Manager, including potential scope, timeline and budget changes to be approved by Obton’ Executive Committee, IC and/or BOD
- Ensure that the Asset(s) continuously is having maximum performance with lowest costs
- Secure that the business case(s) is continuously updated (revenue and cost assumption including Asset(s) budgets, etc)
- Establish, perform and monitor overall Asset(s) risk
- Ensure that authority approvals progress according to timeline
- Secure efficient and valuable management of partners/Investors and partnership relations with the aim of maximizing the longer term value of the partnership for Obton. Ensure a smooth cooperation between Obton and partners/Investors.
General expectations of competences and experience
- MSc or other relevant Master degree
- 3-7 years of project/asset management experience required with complex projects and high workload (Recommended experience working in project matrix organization)
- Good knowledge of country-specific business laws and regulations
- Preferably familiar with laws and regulations in relation to solar power plants and the processes of electricity markets
- Fluent in English and Japanese language
- Highly skilled in MS Office
- Excellent communication skills and must be confident in an international context
- Knowledge and understanding of financial and business management principles with the ability to communicate and prioritize business requirements
Your personality is important, and we are looking for a person with drive and commitment and who is able to act fast and do it with a smile. You must thrive on a mix of regular routine tasks and be self-driven alongside with being confident in an international context. Moreover, Obton expects you to be willing to travel and that you are flexible and punctual.
You'll be part of our AOM team counting more than 50 colleagues world wide (for the time being 2 located in Japan).
You can expect an exciting job in a dynamic organization with focus on the well-being of the employees. Our values are Dedication – Joy – Empowerment – Competitive spirit – Proper Work Ethics
Besides, you can expect:
- Professional and personal development
- Flexible work hours
- Focus on life/work/life
- Good colleagues and sparring
- Organized onboarding
- Employer paid health care
Make your own impact on our growth journey
Despite the fact that Obton was founded in 2009, you will still experience the entrepreneurial spirit as you enter the office. To us it is paramount to maintain our proactive, ambitious, and agile culture that has followed us ever since.
As an employee at Obton, you can make your own mark on our journey. This creates great commitment and willingness to succeed all around the organization. The pace is high and at times hectic, but we work hard to achieve our goals, and when we succeed we also take the time to celebrate.
We invest in our employees and constantly strive to develop our skills and take advantage of new opportunities. In return, we expect our employees to invest in our company through dedication, joy, competitive spirit, empowerment and proper work ethics.
Impacting future generations through solar energy. Together.
Read more about Obton at our career site obton.com/karriere.
Please submit your application as soon as possible, as we review and invite candidates for interviews on an ongoing basis.
For further information on the position, please reach out to our Head of People & Culture, Nikolaj Dalsgaard; mail: email@example.com.