Project Development Manager, Obton France
Do you want to join a winning team playing in the “Champions League” of solar power development? Are you passionate about market strategies, business plans and building local networks and relationships? And do you have the courage to challenge yourself and your career in one of Europe's 10 largest investors in solar energy? Then apply for the open position as Obton's new Greenfield Project Development Manager.
Welcome to Obton
If you do not already know us, we are one of the largest Danish investors and developers of large-scale solar PV projects located all over the world. Our expertise includes raising capital as well as acquisition, development, management, and the technical operations of solar PV projects. In fact, we cover the entire value chain.
At Obton, we are more than 300 colleagues located both at our headquarters in Aarhus and at our local offices around Europe. We have a great culture with strong values that we cherish. We enjoy each other's company – and we like to stick around for a Friday beverage to end a good week.
The Project Development Manager ensures the development solar greenfield projects, from the identification of sites to the obtaining of authorizations purged of all recourse :
We are looking for a qualified new colleague to our team in, where some of your primary tasks will be:
- Prospect new project opportunities in your specific region,
- Interacting with planning authorities,
- Preparing, managing and reporting on budget and timing to achieve the targets,
- Be responsible of greenfield projects by developing them so to reach ready to build status,
- Responsible for permit and planning process including overseeing Environmental Ecological surveyors, internal technical team,
- Build local networks and identify leads/project opportunities (in collaboration with local partners/scouts)
- Ensure securing land rights
- Contribute to optimizing models used in project calculations
As a part of Greenfield Development, you will be joining our Senior Development Manager based in Paris. You'll be ideally located in our Paris’ office or working from home, with regular travel to the country Head Office. The common thing for us is that we are very ambitious and dedicated, but it is especially important for us to have fun while working hard.
- Curious, and eager to learn, adaptable to changes
- Thrives in fast pace, execution and never exceeding deadlines
- Systematic, analytical and coordinating approach to the tasks
- High drive, is proactive, empowered attitude
- Wants to contribute to our corporate values and culture
General expectations of competences and experience
- Master’s degree engineering or business school
- From 2 to 5 years solar project development and prospection.
- Solid experience with solar projects - preferably greenfield development
- Skilled in creating relationships with sellers / developers, partners incl. bank m.fl.
- Experienced in drafting agreements (Letter of Intent, Land Lease Agreement, etc.)
- Experienced in stakeholder management
- Experienced in calculations / financial models with excellent financial understanding
- Results-oriented and independent
- Experienced MS Office user - and especially experience working with calculations in Excel
- Project Management,
- Speaks and writes fluent French and English.
Make your own impact on our growth journey
Despite the fact that Obton was founded in 2009, you will still experience the entrepreneurial spirit as you enter the office. To us it is paramount to maintain our proactive, ambitious, and agile culture that has followed us ever since.
As an employee at Obton, you can make your own mark on our journey. This creates great commitment and willingness to succeed all around the organization. The pace is high and at times hectic, but we work hard to achieve our goals, and when we succeed we also take the time to celebrate.
We invest in our employees and constantly strive to develop our skills and take advantage of new opportunities. In return, we expect our employees to invest in our company through dedication, joy, competitive spirit, empowerment and proper work ethics.
Impacting future generations through solar energy. Together.
Read more about Obton at our career site obton.com/karriere.
Please submit you application as soon as possible, as we review and invite candidates for interviews on an ongoing basis. Applications can also be submitted in Danish.
For further information on the position, please reach out to our Lead Specialist, International, People & Culture, Nikolaj Dalsgaard on firstname.lastname@example.org or tel.: +45 2580 0799.