Are you passionate about accounting, controlling and financial analysis? Would you like to be a part of an international company with great opportunities to develop your financial talents?
Then apply for the position as Junior Financial Controller in Obton Poland.
You will be the Financial Controller responsible for the portfolios located in Poland with a close cooperation with the Financial Controlling team in Denmark. Being a part of the office in Warsaw you will have 7 good colleagues where you all have the Polish portfolios in common, but with different responsibilities and focus areas.
The common thing for us in Obton and for the team in Poland is that we are very ambitious and dedicated, but it is especially important for us to have fun while working hard.
Furthermore, you would have a responsibility on group level by reporting and analyzing on upstreamed cash across Obton’s projects globally. This require the ability to interact with colleagues across our different geographical locations as well as the line manager in Asset Management.
Welcome to Obton
We are one of the largest Danish investors and developers of large-scale solar PV projects located all over the world. Our expertise includes raising capital as well as acquisition, development, management, and the technical operations of solar PV projects. In fact, we cover the entire value chain.
At Obton, we are more than 300 colleagues located both at our headquarters in Aarhus and at our local offices around the world. We have a great culture with strong values that we cherish.
Your tasks would be many but mainly:
- Preparing quarterly/ monthly reporting of the portfolios in Poland
- Contact with accountants/ auditors
- Preparations for audit
- Preparing overview of unsettled positions with vendors/ customers
- Help with tax matters
- In case of any due diligence in relation to new acquisitions, assistance with getting documents, and analyzing information
- Responsible for reporting on upstreamed cash across projects under Obton’s management globally and analyze further potential across the projects
- Assist in developing a reporting set-up from a primarily excel-based reporting to Power BI or other system-based reporting
- Communication with other departments, affiliates and external stakeholders to guarantee smooth and efficient processes
- Responsible for accounting set-up on new acquisitions
General expectations of competences and experience
- Degree in Accounting, Finance
- You have successful experiences on a similar role
- Strong knowledge in accounting and fiscal/VAT Poland
- Fluent in English
- Professional knowledge of Excel
- Fluency in Microsoft Office suite
- Expected to travel (e.g. to HQ in Denmark 2-3 times per year)
Your personality is important, and we are looking for a person who loves accounting and financial analysis and for whom responsibility is motivating. You can work independently but will also work closely with the Financial Controller Team in Denmark, and therefore your communication skills are good.
You must thrive on a mix of regular routine tasks and be self-driven alongside. Since you will have cooperation with colleagues from all over the world you are also confident in an international context.
You can expect an exciting job in a dynamic organization with focus on the well-being of the employees. Our values are Dedication – Joy – Empowerment – Competitive spirit – Proper Work Ethics
Besides, you can expect:
- Professional and personal development
- Flexible work hours
- Focus on life/work/life
- Good colleagues and sparring
- Organized onboarding
- Employer paid health care
Make your own impact on our growth journey
Despite the fact that Obton was founded in 2009, you will still experience the entrepreneurial spirit as you enter the office. To us it is paramount to maintain our proactive, ambitious, and agile culture that has followed us ever since.
As an employee at Obton, you can make your own mark on our journey. This creates great commitment and willingness to succeed all around the organization. The pace is high and at times hectic, but we work hard to achieve our goals, and when we succeed, we also take the time to celebrate.
We invest in our employees and constantly strive to develop our skills and take advantage of new opportunities. In return, we expect our employees to invest in our company through dedication, joy, competitive spirit, empowerment and proper work ethics.
Impacting future generations through solar energy. Together.
Read more about Obton at our career site jobs.obton.com.
Please submit your application as soon as possible, as we review and invite candidates for interviews on an ongoing basis.
For further information on the position, please reach out to our Manager, Katarzyna Domanska - email@example.com // Mobile: +48 784 030 442
We value diversity and encourage you to apply for this position no matter ethnicity, national origin, race, age, sex or veteran status. We strive for an inclusive workplace that allows each colleague to bring their authentic self to work regardless of religion, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation or disability.