Due to global growth, Obton is looking for a Transition & Integration Specialist to support the Transition & Integration Management Team in implementing large solar panel projects.
The Transition Management Team is responsible for providing valuable insights and support to the Acquisition- and Development team throughout the transaction process along with ensuring that the projects are onboarded successfully into the organization during the transition and integration phase.
This position is especially for you if:
- You would like to be a part of ensuring Obtons continuous success in the Solar Energy Investments industry
- You are ready to get a position where you can make an impact in the organization and get involved in many processes within the transition and integration phase
- See yourself working in a position with a good mix of the Acquisition/Development phase and the onboarding phase of our solar projects
Welcome to Obton
If you do not already know us, we are one of the largest Danish investors and developers of large-scale solar PV projects located all over the world. Our expertise includes raising capital as well as acquisition, development, management, and the technical operations of solar PV projects. In fact, we cover the entire value chain.
At Obton, we are more than 300 colleagues located both at our headquarters in Prismet in Aarhus and at our local offices around Europe. We have a great culture with strong values that we cherish. We enjoy each other's company – and we like to stick around for a Friday beverage to end a good week.
We are looking for a qualified new colleague to our team where some of your primary tasks will be:
- Take part in the preparation of business cases for solar panel projects that will be presented to Obtons investment committee
- Work closely together with our Acquisition & Development Team during the entire process of acquisition, restructuring and refinancing of the different projects with a focus on financial, commercial, legal and accounting related questions
- Take part of restructuring and refinancing/project financing processes, contributing to ensuring that we have a continuous overview of the projects’ development as well as performance compared to the business case
- Work closely together with our local asset management teams and our legal/tax/financial advisors
- Assist in handing over the project to the other teams within transaction, finance and commercial management when the Transition phase is completed. In close collaboration with the Project Transition team, you will help to ensure that the correct documentation of master- and transaction data is updated in the relevant systems before they are handed over to other departments in the organization.
As a part of the Transition & Integration department you will get 12 close colleagues. The common thing for us is that we are very ambitious and dedicated, but it is especially important for us to have fun while working hard.
- Your personality is important, and we are looking for a proactive, energetic, and outgoing person
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment creating results through continuous sparring with colleagues and external advisors
- You take control of your tasks and drive them forward
- It is expected that you are confident in an international context, and you communicate in a professional manner regardless of it being with investors, collaborators or colleagues
- It is important that you are a good team-player, as you will be interacting with several parties in realizing the full potential of projects in “your pipeline”
General expectations of competences and experience
- Cand.Merc. or similar
- 1-3 years of experience in M&A, Corporate Finance or Business Consulting
- Comfortable in the financial field and familiar with financial models and investment-related questions and issues
- Knowledge and interest in law and contracts
- Knowledge about renewable energy (for example solar panel systems or wind turbines) and the field of project finance is an advantage - but not a must
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
- Proactive and results-oriented with an eye for detail in both the transaction and integration phases
Make your own impact on our growth journey
Despite the fact that Obton was founded in 2009, you will still experience the entrepreneurial spirit as you enter the office. To us it is paramount to maintain our proactive, ambitious, and agile culture that has followed us ever since.
As an employee at Obton, you can make your own mark on our journey. This creates great commitment and willingness to succeed all around the organization. The pace is high and at times hectic, but we work hard to achieve our goals, and when we succeed we also take the time to celebrate.
We invest in our employees and constantly strive to develop our skills and take advantage of new opportunities. In return, we expect our employees to invest in our company through dedication, joy, competitive spirit, empowerment and proper work ethics.
Impacting future generations through solar energy. Together.
Read more about Obton at our career site obton.com/karriere.
Please submit you application as soon as possible, as we review and invite candidates for interviews on an ongoing basis. Applications can also be submitted in Danish.
For further information on the position, please reach out to our Senior Manager, Transition & Integration, Peter Krogsgaard on email@example.com or tel.: +45 4414 0278.
We value diversity and encourage you to apply for this position no matter ethnicity, national origin, race, age, sex or veteran status. We strive for an inclusive workplace that allows each colleague to bring their authentic self to work regardless of religion, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation or disability.