Do you see yourself being part of a newly created finance team where your experiences and competences are valuable and where you will find great development opportunities!
That's exactly what we at Obton can offer you. As one of Europe's largest players in the solar market, we are looking for an experienced Financial Controller. You will help ensure our professional level and to set the direction for future financial controlling by being a role model for the remaining controllers in the team.
This is especially for you if you:
- Finds value in using your financial talent to report at a high level to internal and external stakeholders
- Is ready for change and motivated by working in a growth company where we give people new opportunities
- Would like to work with a high degree of freedom and the possibility of shaping your job according to your skills.
We are working on our 2025 growth strategy, which means a new structure in the way we work. You will be part of an international team, with colleagues in Italy, France, and others where the pace is high and the Obton culture strong.
Welcome to Obton
We are one of the largest Danish investors and developers of large-scale solar PV projects located all over the world. Our expertise includes raising capital as well as acquisition, development, management, and the technical operations of solar PV projects. In fact, we cover the entire value chain.
At Obton, we are more than 300 colleagues located both at our headquarters in Aarhus and at our local offices around Europe. We have a great culture with strong values that we cherish. We enjoy each other's company – and we like to stick around for a Friday beverage to end a good week.
As a Financial Controller your most important success criterion will be to ensure that we can continuously report at a high level to internal and external stakeholders. Obton has an international profile, which is why we have stakeholders around the world.
- Controlling, budget follow-up, liquidity management and financial reporting for our projects
- Professional partner in the field of finance for our colleagues in other departments and countries
- Preparing half-year and year-ends closes across our departments including reporting for the decision makers
- Implementing Reporting Requirements from Solar Performance
- Assistance with budgets and forecasts
- Assistance with documentation in connection with transactions
- Preparation of material and communication with auditor
- Contribute to the improvement and development of the department's workflows and processes
General expectations of competences and experience
- You have an education as a Master of Science in Business Economics, HDR or similar relevant education
- Several years of experience as a financial controller
- You are structured and understand the importance of meeting deadlines
- You are numerous and have a professional pride that loves to immerse yourself in the process to understand the transactions
- You work analytically and efficiently and have good IT skills, including solid experience with Excel
- You are empathetic, flexible, and committed to your attitude to your work
Make your own impact on our growth journey
Despite the fact that Obton was founded in 2009, you will still experience the entrepreneurial spirit as you enter the office. To us it is paramount to maintain our proactive, ambitious, and agile culture that has followed us ever since.
As an employee at Obton, you can make your own mark on our journey. This creates great commitment and willingness to succeed all around the organization. The pace is high and at times hectic, but we work hard to achieve our goals, and when we succeed we also take the time to celebrate.
We invest in our employees and constantly strive to develop our skills and take advantage of new opportunities. In return, we expect our employees to invest in our company through dedication, joy, competitive spirit, empowerment and proper work ethics.
Impacting future generations through solar energy. Together.
Read more about Obton at our career site obton.com/karriere.
Please submit you application as soon as possible, as we review and invite candidates for interviews on an ongoing basis. Applications can also be submitted in Danish.
For further information on the position, please reach out to our Business Project Manager, Peter Bjerregaard on email@example.com or tel.: +45 9282 5283.